We are currently helping a fast-paced and down-to-earth family in Arlington with two children, ages 10 and 7, find an after-school nanny. You will be most successful in this role if you are mature, responsible, and possess a firm-but-loving childcare style. The family would love a nanny from a different culture or who speaks another language in addition to English, but is not a requirement.
The nanny, in general, will be responsible for the following:
•Caring for the children
• Transportation to and from activities
• Light housekeeping
• Occasional errands
• Family meal prep
During the school year, the schedule is Monday through Friday from 2 pm – 7 pm (family is willing to offer more hours for the right candidate) and during summer, the schedule is Monday 9-4, Tuesday 10-6, Wednesday 9-5, Thursday 9-6, and Friday 10-6.
Our minimum requirements are:
- 18 years or older
- Minimum High School Graduate
- At least 2 years professional childcare experience**
- Citizen of the United States or legally able to work in the United States
- Access to reliable transportation with current vehicle registration/insurance and clean driving record
- At least three professional references
- Demonstrate knowledge of childcare and child development
- Ability to make a one-year commitment to the family
You will love working for this family because they are offering a great benefits package, including 2 weeks paid vacation, 3 paid sick days, and a $500 tuition stipend per semester if you are in school. They are fun, friendly, and foster a positive work environment!